So Who Dreamed About Being a "Blogger" When They Grew Up ?

>> Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is an exciting new journey that I have been gently pushed into.... well the sisters tell me they were gentle. The Bead Sisterhood needed one of the "sisters" to manage the "blog" page on our website and through the process of elimination I was chosen. Actually, I think they finally realized that I have been doing the least amount of work among the family.

If you are new to the BeadSisterhood than you may not know that we are five ladies who formed an instant bond when we met (even the related ones !). We are all addicted to anything that shines or can be sorted. Don't you just love those bags of 1000 of anything to be divided between sisters and friends? If you would like to learn more about each of us then check out our "about us" link.

So where this blog goes and what things are blogged about is anyone's guess. The most obvious subject will be about jewelery. However, the title got me thinking about how much has changed over the past 60+ years. That is the number of years since I've been on this earth. But if we are looking at maturity I'm barely pushing 30ish!

I had a peek around the web for some of the information and pictures on what types of jewellery was popular over the years and I'm thinking that some of the jewelery from the good ole days might be best left in the past.

I'm not sure that everyone will agree what was the best decade but for the next few posts I will be showing you what you wore, what you could have worn, and even what you may be glad you never had to wear because you are only a wee young thing.

Stay tuned and see you in my next post....before I go I will leave you with one visual. This is a beautiful hat pin, with the Royal Wedding just over maybe we should be looking for a hat to go with the pin!


The Bead Sisterhood's Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP